- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups packed dark-brown sugar (I used light brown, what I had)
- 1 cup maple syrup, preferably grade A
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup whole milk (or what you have is fine)
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups toasted pecan halves (yes, toast them!)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a saucepan melt butter over med heat
- Add brown sugar, syrup and flour. Stir constantly until mixture is smooth and thoroughly combined – about a min.
- Allow to cool about 5 min.
- Meanwhile whisk together milk, eggs, vanilla and salt in a bowl.
- Slowly add the mixtures together, whisking until smooth.
- Pour filling into prepared pie shell.
- Arrange toasted pecans on evenly on top.
- Bake about 1 – 1 1/4 hour until pie is puffed and set along the edges and still wobbly in the middle.
- Let cool before serving!