Emily Freeman’s blog has taught me the discipline of noticing life. She does an end-of-the-month link-up on her blog you can join with her by writing about what you learned in the past month; albeit serious or silly.
I missed her link-up due to life and the necessity of chillaxation and the compelling force of brain fog but today I am here to write about what I learned in September.
Looking back on the month I can’t help but smile. It was a good month, y’all. When I began to reminisce all that we did I felt a deep sense of satisfaction. Ok, or I could just be giddy that we are now one month closer to D-day too!
So without further a-due.
- Gavin is growing E N T I R E L Y too fast. He needs to stop. right. now. He knows his ABC’s and can count to 10 and walks around informing me of shapes he sees and as we drive. “A rectangle! Theres a rectangle!”
- I’ve been reading a lot of books on my phone. See this post. I follow several books worms on my instagram and Facebook and through e-mail whom of which are constantly filling me in on great reads and recommending new authors and genres. To the extent that I’ve become incredibly attached to my iPhone. It has opened my reading world! – (not sure if it’s good or bad)
- Maternity pics only happen when you intentionally make time for them. We shot a few last weekend. With the second child things don’t happen quite as smoothly or as fast as anticipated.
- Last minute, spontaneous ‘yeses’ are so much fun. Jason’s niece and I decided the night before to get up at the ungodly hour of 5:30 and hit Antique Alley for the first time after hearing so much about it – miles and miles of yard sales about an hour and a half north of here. We had so much fun and are looking forward to going again!
- The term ‘pregnancy brain’ is real folks. I feel like it’s been holding me hostage from closeness with God, concentrating in church, and energy for personal devotions. I hope this condition is only temporary and not long-term.
Happy weekending, fiends!
And, take time to be a noticer of life!